The Quick tag app allows you to generate predictions for an unlabelled dataset, this can save the time and expense of labelling, all that is required is a set of label values i.e. the labels Graft should apply to your dataset as predictions and Graft will parse the data and provide a prediction for each item in the data source.
You can also use these new predictions as input labels for the Custom Predict App to build a prediction model. When creating the Custom Predict App select the Quick Tag Entity as your data source and then the new generated prediction field for the labels please see here.
If you have labeled data either within your main data file or a separate files please see the custom predict app guide
What's going to happen...
- First we will name & configure the Entity with the field(s) (Target) in the data source you want to make a prediction from will be selected
- Second we will name & configure the App (classifier), including adding a list of target label values that will be built and then used to generate predictions on the field we selected earlier
- Finally we will create your Quick TagApp which will generate those predictions on the target field
We can then test using the Try It tab in the UI.
You will need to have created a project to build your search app in.
- Select the App type you would like to create from the App Library template tab
- Mousing over the App tile will display a short description of the App and its applications
Select which of the methods you would like to create the App if you have your own data ready to go
Alternatively use the Graft Demo data source
Samples will be shown below the selections allowing you to validate you have made the correct selections
Adding your sample labels
Once the basic entity configuration is made we need to add in the labels Graft will be assigning as predictions
Finalize the APP configuration
Once you have completed the configuration and you are happy with the provided samples
- Click on CREATE APP to start the app creation process or click CANCEL or the to return to the previous step
Graft will now process a sample of your data (approx 100 rows) and upon completion will show the App TRY IT tab. Once the data ingestion has been completed you can navigate away from the App UI and return later to review the completed App if required.
The TRY IT tab allows you to experiment with your new app without the need for any coding skills and allows you to test the configuration, filter results and if necessary adjust the app configuration.
The right hand panel shows the current configuration, the name of the entity which holds your data to be predicted against
The fields to be used to generate a prediction
The current status of the data set with options to sync or export data
- Clicking on the EXPORT DATA button will jump to the Project SQL tab allowing the user to export their prediction data, further details below.
- Clicking on the SYNC DATA button will ingest and process all the items associated with the data source, with how the predict app is created all initial data will have been sync'd, however, if further data is added to the source this button can be used when needed.
If you only require a prediction for every row of your data for export remember to click on SYNC DATA and allow it to complete to 100% before using EXPORT DATA
- Clicking on the icon will schedule daily ingestion and processing of your data source. If you would like to configure more frequent data processing you can enable a processing workflow.
Exporting your predictions
Clicking on the EXPORT DATA button will jump to an automatic SQL query of your prediction results
By Default the SQL will include the fields of your data source in order and additional fields related to your new predictions. This query is limited to 100 entries, but you are able to remove or adjust this line and tweak the SQL as much as you require.
The additional fields included are...
- <app_name>_prediction: the predicted value e.g. my_quick_tag_app_prediction
- <app_name>_pred_prob: the probability of the generated predicted value e.g. my_quick_tag_app_pred_prob
The ADHOC sub tab within TRY IT allows you to query your new app with text that is not within your data set.
For example using our demo product catalog you could add in a short description of a item and see the prediction generated
Search in Data Set
The SEARCH IN DATASET sub tab within TRY IT allows you to see the current predictions and filter on specific text.
Type in a suitable phrase and click FILTER.
The fields are laid out in the following sequence...
- Unique Key: the Unique reference value for each element in your data source (e.g. product_id)
- Prediction: The prediction made by the model (e.g. my_quick_tag_app_prediction <app_name>_prediction)
- Embedded Field: The field used in the creation of the App (e.g. product_description)
- Remaining fields: from the data source: product_category, product_title, price etc
This tab allows you to experiment with an API snippet which can then be copied and used in your own development environment to retrieve the complete prediction results.
You will need an API key to start. If none are available Click on the Create an API key link and follow these instructions. If there are one or more API keys in the project you can switch between then using the API key drop down menu. Click on MANAGE KEYS to add or delete new keys.
The API snippet is controlled from the configuration bar on the right.
Changes made to the configuration are immediately shown in the code.
Use the Output format drop down to switch between CSV (default), TSV or JSONL (JSON Lines) formats
The Entity predict adhoc field allows you to enter your test text for the field you selected earlier in the configuration of the Quick Tag App.
Once you have added an API key click on TEST REQUEST to run the API query.
Copying the Request Code
Click on the icon to the right of the REQUEST heading in the top left hand corner of the code window
Copying the response
Click on the icon to the right of the RESPONSE heading in the top left hand corner of the results window
This tab allows you to delete your app, see which field is being processed for the App and also enable the App for external API access.
You can edit your App's configuration by clicking on the icon, see here for more details on what can be changed.
App API limits
The number of Apps available for external access is limited by your tier. If no APIs are remaining you will need to disable any existing APIs (save the changes) and then enable the App API of interest or consider upgrading to a bigger tier.