This guide provides a sample walk through one of the available Graft Predict app, Sentiment, the same basic steps can be applied to any of the remaining Graft predict apps. When created your copy of the predictor app can be further trained with your own label data. I.e. you can take our standard Sentiment analysis data and add your own appropriately labeled (must match the existing ones) data to refine the model.
If you are looking to build your own custom predict, please follow this guide.
The following pre-built Prediction Apps are available
Determine the sentiment of an item of text.
Determine whether a text sample is toxic.
Determine whether the author of the text is Curious
Determine whether the author of the text is Amused
Determine whether the author of the text is Disappointed
Determine whether the image contains a human face
For this guide we will focus on the Sentiment Analysis predictor.
You will need to have created a project to build your search app in.
- Select the App type you would like to create from the App Library template tab
- Mousing over the App tile will display a short description of the App and its applications
Select which of the methods you would like to create the App if you have your own data ready to go
Alternatively use the Graft Demo data source
Samples will be shown below the selections allowing you to validate you have made the correct selections
If a row in your data is missing an entry for one or more of the fields selected to be predicted against, the row will not be embedded and a prediction can not be generated.
Finalize the APP configuration
Once you have completed the configuration and you are happy with the provided samples
- Click on CREATE APP to start the app creation process or click CANCEL or the to return to the previous step
Graft will now process all of your data (which may take some time depending on the size of your data set) and upon completion will show the App TRY IT tab. Once the data ingestion has been completed you can navigate away from the App UI and return later to review the completed App if required.
The TRY IT tab allows you to experiment with your new app without the need for any coding skills and allows you to test the configuration, filter results and if necessary adjust the app configuration.
The right hand panel shows the current configuration, the name of the entity which holds your data to be predicted against
The Enrichment name, its current performance
see Monitoring for more details
For pre built templates performance data will be available when new user data or corrections have been applied to update the model
IMPROVE PERFORMANCE shortcut to Active Learning
The fields to be used to generate a prediction
The current status of the data set with options to sync or export data
- Clicking on IMPROVE PERFORMANCE will start an Active Learning session for the prediction data allowing the user to review and correct predictions and improve their custom prediction model
- Clicking on the EXPORT DATA button will jump to the Project SQL tab allowing the user to export their prediction data, further details below.
- Clicking on the SYNC DATA button will ingest and process all the items associated with the data source, with how the predict app is created all initial data will have been sync'd, however, if further data is added to the source this button can be used when needed.
- Clicking on the icon will schedule daily ingestion and processing of your data source. If you would like to configure more frequent data processing you can enable a processing workflow.
Exporting your predictions
Clicking on the EXPORT DATA button will jump to an automatic SQL query of your prediction results
By Default the SQL will include the fields of your data source in order and additional fields related to predictions. This query is limited to 100 entries, but you are able to remove or adjust this line and tweak the SQL as much as you require.
The additional fields included are...
- <enrichment_name>_prediction: the predicted value e.g. sentiment_analysis_prediction
- <enrichment_name>_pred_prob: the probability of the generated predicted value e.g. sentiment_analysis_pred_prob
The ADHOC sub tab within TRY IT allows you to query your new app with text that is not within your data set.
For example using our demo product catalog you could add in a short description of a item and see the prediction generated
Search in Data Set
The SEARCH IN DATASET sub tab within TRY IT allows you to see the current predictions and filter on specific text.
Type in a suitable phrase and click FILTER.
The fields are laid out in the following sequence...
- Unique Key: the Unique reference value for each element in your data source (e.g. product_id)
- Prediction: The prediction made by the model (e.g. sentiment_analysis_prediction <enrichment_name>_prediction)
- Embedded Fields: One of more fields used in the creation of the Entity (e.g. product_description)
- Remaining fields: from the data source: product_category, product_subcategory, product_title, price etc
This tab allows you to experiment with an API snippet which can then be copied and used in your own development environment to retrieve the complete prediction results.
You will need an API key to start. If none are available Click on the Create an API key link and follow these instructions. If there are one or more API keys in the project you can switch between then using the API key drop down menu. Click on MANAGE KEYS to add or delete new keys.
The API snippet is controlled from the configuration bar on the right.
Changes made to the configuration are immediately shown in the code.
Use the Output format drop down to switch between CSV (default), TSV or JSONL (JSON Lines) formats
The Entity predict adhoc field allows you to enter your test text for the field you selected earlier in the configuration of the Predict App.
In this example this is product_description. Replace the default "query text" with an appropriate entry
Each configuration item can be compressed by clicking on the icon
Once you have added an API key click on TEST REQUEST to run the API query.
Copying the Request Code
Click on the icon to the right of the REQUEST heading in the top left hand corner of the code window
Copying the response
Click on the icon to the right of the RESPONSE heading in the top left hand corner of the results window
This tab allows you to delete your app, see which field is being processed for the App and also enable the App for external API access.
You can edit your App's configuration by clicking on the icon, see here for more details on what can be changed.
Note: The prebuilt sentiment predictor only supports a single field in its configuration
App API limits
The number of Apps available for external access is limited by your tier. If no APIs are remaining you will need to disable any existing APIs (save the changes) and then enable the App API of interest or consider upgrading to a bigger tier.