Data Source Selection
Once on the Data source screen click on the CREATE DATA SOURCE button
- Double-Click the Slack icon from the list of available data source connectors
- Select the Slack icon and Click NEXT
You will be presented with the required fields for creating a Slack connector
- Enter a unique name for this connector
- Select one or more slack channels from the drop down list. Alternatively you can Add all and conversely Delete all
- OPTIONAL: Add users of particular interest from the drop down list
- OPTIONAL: Add any text search strings
- Enter the maximum number of slack posts to return
- Click NEXT
Not seeing channels or users in the drop down?
Ensure that the Slack APP is installed before you create your connector
Graft presents the available fields and automatically sets the field type. You have the option to change any field type to suit the underlying data. For example you may need to switch a field listing URIs to images from the default text to Image URI.
It is important to double check the field types now as they can not be changed later.
- Make any changes that are needed for your specific data source
- Click NEXT to move to the data preview or FINISH to skip
Data source preview (optional)
In the preview screen a sample of the available fields is displayed in table format
If you prefer Click on gallery view to see samples in gallery format, this can be especially helpful for entries with images
Click FINISH to complete the connector configuration, you will be presented with the Data Source Summary dashboard
Congratulations, your new data connector has now been configured!